Estância Mimosa Ecoturismo
Other activities offered:
- Associated with certified activities in Management of Safety System and Adventure Tourism (ABNT NBR 15331)
- It offers leaders / adventure tourism conductors or bilingual tour guides
Estancia Mimosa Ecoturismo is a charming farm with a Private Reserve of Natural Heritage (RPPN) and 66% of the property area destined to environmental conservation, conciliating ecotourism and social and environmental actions.
Among the activities are trail and waterfalls, horseback riding and birdwatching. Fun guaranteed for your entire family.
While performing the activity, through the gallery forest of Mimoso River, the visitor finds in the same place easy access trails that lead to waterfalls with natural pools. During the tour, centenary trees are presented to the visitors, as well as wild animals.
It is the ideal moment to accept nature’s invitation and amaze yourself with calm and crystalline waters from the eight waterfalls at the farm.
For those who enjoy adventure, there is the Cachoeira do Salto with a six meter tall platform which provides an unique experience.
Estancia Mimosa has a Safety Management System certified by ABNT and INMETRO, from ABETA in partnership with SEBRAE and the Ministry of Tourism. Therefore, it is a part of a selected group of companies in Brazil that offer ecotourism and adventure travel with safety certification.
Gastronomy here is an attraction by itself. Lunch is prepared in a wood stove with typical dishes and salads made with fresh products from our organic garden. For dessert one of the main dishes is the famous homemade doce de leite.
The ranch’s main house is an invitation for resting. Before or after performing the activities, tourists can visit the organic garden, contemplate nature and alligators, visit the Morro da Santa or simply rest in the hammocks.
Itineraries and destinations offered
Trail and Snorkeling* – A trail through the gallery forest and snorkeling in the crystal clear waters of Olho d’Agua river and Rio da Prata. For those that don’t go snorkeling downstream, afterwards can taking a small boat ride down Rio da Prata. The groups are limited to 09 visitors and are always accompanied by a local guide.
Scuba Diving – At depths of up to 7 meters. Diving certificate is not required.
Horseback riding – Tour through the ranch fields.
Birdwatching – With 229 species registered, a region of great environmental diversity.
More information on our website:
- Our tours have a limit of visitors per day. It’s necessary to make reservations ahead at a tourism agency;
- In our tours there are rules of safety procedures and minimal-impact practices during tourism activities, that will be informed by the guide during the tour;
- If there are bad climate conditions, your tour may be cancelled or postponed;
- Sunscreens and/or mosquito repellents cannot be used in most of the tours, to avoid the springs contamination;
- For the visitor safety is not allowed to wear flip-flops at the trail. Neoprene boots are available for rental at Estância Mimosa;
- In Estância Mimosa there is a rental service of underwater cameras;
- Transportation to the attraction is not included;
- The ranch offers restaurant, bar and a souvenir shop with handmade products. Visa, Mastercard and Amex are accepted.
- What to bring: swimsuit, bath towel and money for expenses.